Short Courses in Study and Research Skills
A large number of international students from 180 different countries come to the UK every year, with diverse academic and cultural backgrounds. Some students find it difficult to meet the high standards at British institutions and as a result they either prolong their period of study or it is terminated. In this way they face heavy financial losses and mental strain and stress. We have designed various short courses to meet the study skills requirements of the UK universities.
The duration of these courses vary according to their nature. It ranges from one day to one week. Some courses are delivered in fom of workshops. Similarly, each course has its separate price. Learners can select the courses they needed and negotiate time and price for them. The international learners can come to the UK on short term study visa (up to six months) to do these courses.
- Developing analytic and critical evaluation skills
- Note-taking skills
- Understanding different philosophies of research
- Understanding qualitative research approach
- Understanding quantitative research approach
- Understanding mixed-method research approach
- Understanding the application of different research designs
- Understanding different data analysis tools for qualitative and quantitative research
- Finding information for literature review
- Synthesis in writing
- Report writing
- English paraphrasing skills
- Presentation skills
- Understanding different references systems
- Managing bibliographies, citations and references by using EndNote, Mendeley etc.
These courses are run round the year. Learners can join any session of their choice and convenience.