Diploma in Business English and Communication
Awarding body: ATHE
Diploma in Business English and Communication is a 60 credit Ofqual regulated qualification. It will be relevant for students intending to study a business-related undergraduate level programme or equivalent using the English medium. It will also benefit those in employment seeking to improve their Business Communication skills using the English language, especially for those for whom English is a second language.
- Business Communication: The Mobile, Digital, Social Workplace
- Business Communication: Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Business English: Reading and Writing
- Business English: Speaking and Listening
The typical minimum requirements for learners who have recently been in education or training is likely to include one of following:
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications.
The varied profile of achievement of more mature learners is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Learners may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim a credit transfer from part of the qualification. For further information please see the ATHE RPL, Credit Transfer and Exemptions Policy in the student information section on the Policies page of our website.
English Language Requirement
For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification:
- IELTs 5.5
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49
If an international learner does not have formal certification in English, we offer him/her four weeks of free English language classes to enable him/her to meet an appropriate standard in English for this qualification.
At London School of Social and Management Sciences duration of the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business English and Communication is 6 months. The School runs two academic sessions (September and March) in a year. Learners can join any session of their choice and convenience